- What information DAB may collect about you
- What DAB does with the information we gather about you
- When DAB may use your details to contact you
- Whether DAB will disclose your details to anyone els
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided
- DAB's commitment to keeping your details secure
2. What information will DAB collect about me? Information will be requested from you when you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters or purchase any of our products. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable DAB providers to deliver the services you select. We may collect the following information:
- Name, organisation and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information such as address and post code
- Preferences and interests
- Employment history, education, skills and references (if applying for a position or placement at DAB)
- Other information relevant to user surveys
3. How will DAB use the information they collect and when will they contact me? DAB will use your personal information to: Periodically send you email announcements about new information you may find interesting; Pass to a selection panel for consideration (in the case of online job applications); Refine the outputs and services we offer; Employment history, education, skills and references (if applying for a position or placement at DAB); Where DAB proposes using your personal information for any purpose other than that for which you originally signed up, we will ensure to notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for use other than those listed above.
4. Will DAB share my personal details with anyone else? We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or disclosure is required by law. In some instances, however, DAB may use third parties to process your information. On these occasions, we will require that these third parties comply strictly with our policy and will prohibit the use of your personal information for their own business purposes.
5. How will DAB keep my information secure? We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain 100% secure at all times.
6. How long will DAB keep my personal information? The personal information you provide will be kept on our database for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. If you delete your account or request to be removed from a particular mailing list, your profile is tagged as inactive' and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
7. Can I access the personal details that DAB holds? You may request details of personal information held about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of your personal information that we hold please contact us here.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.